I am a qualified, experienced counsellor (Registered Member MBACP Accred; Prof. Dip. Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy) currently working with Cruse Bereavement Care as well as in private practice. My pronouns are she/her. I see the therapeutic relationship as being at the heart of our work together. Whatever brings you to counselling I will aim to help you feel heard, valued and understood. I can help you identify the challenges you are experiencing and support you to discover ways to cope or to create change.
I see my role as empowering you to heal, to rediscover your strengths and to increase your ability to trust yourself.
I enjoy my counselling work immensely and find it a privilege to help support the people I work with towards growth and self-learning. I work face-to-face, online and also offer phone-based counselling.
I offer counselling privately and have previously worked within several charities. I have a strong background in bereavement and loss work including sudden & traumatic death, suicide, pregnancy loss, infant loss and stillbirth. I have undertaken specialist training for working online and via phone.
My specialisms include:
- bereavement & loss of all kinds
- identity issues, self empowerment and resilience
- cross cultural issues
- anxiety & panic attacks
- low confidence & self-esteem
- issues related to sexuality & gender
- respect for difference and diversity
- relationship difficulties and domestic abuse
- work based issues
- coping with life changes and transitions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accredited Registered Member MBACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Online Counselling Skills and Training – OCST4 Online Counselling (Audio and Webcam)
- Online Therapy Institute – Moving Your Therapy Online Training
- National Counselling Society Accredited Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Accredited Trainer for Cruse Bereavement Care
- Accredited Pregnancy and Infant Loss Counselling Professional (Foundation for Infant Loss Training)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Foundation & Face-to-Face Working Training
- Cruse Bereavement Care Supervision Training
- Pathways Family Support Centre – Counsellor