I am a qualified, experienced counsellor (Registered Member MBACP; Prof. Dip. Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy) currently working with Cruse Bereavement Care as well as in private practice. I see the therapeutic relationship as being at the heart of our work together. Whatever brings you to counselling I will aim to help you feel heard, valued and understood. I can help you identify the challenges you are experiencing and to empower you to discover ways to cope.
I see my role as empowering you to heal, to rediscover your strengths and to increase your ability to trust yourself.
I enjoy my counselling work immensely and find it a privilege to help empower the people I work with towards growth and change.
I offer counselling privately and within several charities. I have a strong background in bereavement and loss work including sudden & traumatic death, suicide, pregnancy loss, infant loss and stillbirth. I have successfully worked with clients who have experienced a range of issues including:
- bereavement & loss of all kinds
- infant loss, stillbirth & pregnancy loss
- anxiety & panic attacks
- low confidence & self-esteem
- issues related to sexuality & gender
- domestic abuse
- relationship difficulties
- work based issues
- coping with life changes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Registered Member MBACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- National Counselling Society Accredited Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Accredited Trainer for Cruse Bereavement Care
- Accredited Pregnancy and Infant Loss Counselling Professional (Foundation for Infant Loss Training)
- Cruse Bereavement Care Foundation & Face-to-Face Working Training
- Cruse Bereavement Care Supervision Training
- Pathways Family Support Centre – Counsellor